Monday, October 8, 2012
Big Brother
So everyone has heard the news, Noah is going to be a Big brother in April, and we are all so excited. I am 12 weeks and 2 days pregnant, and am feeling great. We heard the baby's heartbeat last week and were so thrilled. My next appointment is tomorrow and I can't wait to hear it again.
My first trimester I was sick, it was not fun. I never got sick with Noah so this was a first for me. So glad that it is over and I'm finally feeling normal again, other than peeing and eating all the time. That's all I ever feel I do is eat eat eat.
With A LOT of praying, we have chosen to do a home birth this pregnancy, and I couldn't be more excited. It is amazing to me at how much the lord has comforted me with my decision to do this. After I had Noah I knew that this was something I really wanted to experience, and was planning on it with my second child. Well, once I actually got pregnant I didn't know if I could go through with it. It made me so nervous to think about the whole thing and actually committing to going through with it. I had to remember and list all the reasons why I wanted a home birth and the beautiful experience that comes along with it. I prayed and prayed. I have never prayed so hard about something. I was waiting and waiting for my answer not knowing how I would ever get it. Feeling like I still had not got my answer, I made my midwife appt. I thought maybe if I would make my appt it would make me more committed and I could feel better about it. I didn't know why I was feeling this way, second guessing everything I KNEW I wanted. This was new territory to me, and I didn't like that feeling.
Well, the time arrived and I went to my first midwife appt. I sat down with my midwife and told her my concerns, she assured me of how natural a birth is. We are woman, we are made to do this. This may sound weird to people, but she was so in tune with spirit, and she was so comforting. It was like a wash of comfort came over me and I couldn't help but cry. A good cry. I knew that feeling of comfort I was feeling was with out a doubt the spirit, and an answer to my prayers. I had never received an answer to my prayers in the way I did that day. It was a beautiful feeling, and just reliving it makes me emotional again. I know that my Heavenly Father will bless me and help me get through this, along with all of my other support from my family and husband. I love that Beau is so on board with this, and how involved he is.
If you all think I am crazy I don't need your comments on the negativity about complications or the what ifs. I've done my research and I really hope to any expecting mothers or future mothers that you do yours. Get together a birth plan that you want, and stick to it, whether it be at the hospital, a birthing center, or at home.. My experience will simply be at my home because I feel a hospital can't provide that experience I want. I'm not against hospital births, and I know home births aren't for everyone. I just really urge you all to educate yourselves.
On another note. Noah is so excited. I am so glad we waited until now. I feel like he is at the perfect age. He loves babies, and is always talking to my belly. It's the sweetest thing. Every time he see's this picture he gets excited and says, "I a big brother!" Knowing that it will no longer just be me and him in a short 6 months, I am eating up all of our alone time together, I am appreciating all the small things and am really taking the time to focus on just him! It's still crazy to think we have another one on the way. I am so excited to add on to our little family. I feel so blessed. Being a mother is truly the greatest gift ever. I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
My sister in law actually did a home birth in March this year with her second child. She had quite a bit of complications with her first and wanted something more peaceful. I was there and I can honestly say I was the negative nancy before I witnessed something so amazing and peaceful. and now I want to do a home birth with my second child as well. I am excited for you! It will be amazing!
I was totally the same before I got to be apart of one as well, and start to research about it more.. They truly are amazing. Thanks Paige!
Midwifes are AMAZING. I will never ever go to an obgyn again...I had 2 before I found my midwife and it was seriously the best decision we made during my pregnancy!! They are just so soothing and comforting and like a mom:) I'm so excited for you!!!!! I wish I had prepared enough to do a natural birth. You will rock it!
That sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear how it goes. With Boston, I was really hoping to try a natural delivery, and everyone was so negative and questioning why I would want to do that. Although, I wasn't able to do a natural delivery, and was very grateful for the epidural haha, I can only imagine what a wonderful experience that will be for you.
P.S. I love the name Hudson!
Post a Comment