Thursday, September 27, 2012

My 2 year old.

First of all, if you don't watch "Up all night", I highly suggest you should. Hilarious show, along with "Modern Family". Seriously my faves. Anyways, my baby or should I say my toddler (tear), is growing up. He turned the big TWO on the 10th of this month. I swear, he woke up a completely different child and hasn't stopped growing and learning since. I am absolutely LOVING this age, not so loving the temper tantrums that come along with it, but honestly he is my favorite right now. Growing into his own little person, his funny little personality coming out like crazy, and wanting to do everything on his own. He's a big boy now! SO big in fact he no longer has his binky! YAY. This day was dreaded but seriously so easy. He ALWAYS has been so attached. I thought for sure it would be torture trying to take it away. But no, and THANK goodness. The night it all started, we had left it at my moms. There was no way I was going to make a special trip to the store, like we've done in the past. So I decided to brave it out. I told him we left it at Nana's and we would have to go to bed without it. SURPRISINGLY he didn't give a fight. He simply said, "Ok" and off to bed he went. Not even a peep. I was astonished. If you knew my child and his binky, you'd be too. So the next day came and he never asked for it. Since then he's asked for binky a few times, and I told him, "binky went bye-bye." He was totally ok with it, and so was I. He actually has always been so good with transitions. Such as nursing, bottle, and sippie. So I'm forever grateful the binky went the same, and only pray all future children will be as easy as Noah. I'm not holding my breath. Some things Noah is doing right now. "What's that?" a MILLION times a day, and I think saying a million is an under statement. Definitely testing his Moms patience. But I'm learning to let the little things go. I'm learning to enjoy the little moments and cherish them because he isn't going to be my little 2 year old forever, and thinking about that just breaks my heart. So living in the moment is what we are doing, and I'm loving every minute of it. Whenever he knows I've had my limit, with his little devious ways, he tells me "Mama, you're funny." Sometimes I reply, "Noah you're NOT funny." But most of the time It's "Noah YOU'RE funny" and then we go back and forth for a good 5 minutes. The other day daddy was at work and it was just me and him. We were cuddling on the couch watching his toons, when he looks at me, puts his hand on my face, and in the sweetest voice ever says, "Mama you're cute." Seriously melted my heart, and I'm pretty sure I shed a tear. He can sure be sweet. He thinks he's funny, and is always trying to get a laugh out of Beau and I. I don't know where he gets his silliness from. Definitely not Me or Beau, but he is a pretty silly kid, and I love it. His favorite food is oatmeal. He would eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I'd let him. HE LOVES french fries. Whenever we are driving if we pass any kind of fast food he asks for french fries. I think he loves saying the word more than anything. He loves his friends and cousins. Everyday at least once, he goes down the list. "Where's Daddy, Where's Nannie (Annie), Where's Ali, Where's Zion, Where's Shell?" I love that he is always thinking of them. I love how much he is talking right now. It is the funnest. And my favorite is talking with him on the phone. If I'm away or Beau is away it's so fun to call and talk with Noah. He even is quite pro at my phone and has it more than I do. If daddy calls he answers and brings it to me. "Mama, Daddy's on the phone.!" I still can't get over how fast he's grown is such little time. It's like the minute they turn 2 they are a whole other person, saying and talking about things you never even thought they knew. Definitely a trip. He's still teething. It will be the day when he has ALL of his teeth. Seriously. He's slowly getting over Yo Gabba, but since his party it's kind of picked up again, slightly. Thanks to his Yo Gabba Gabba party that he absolutely loved. We had Muno come visit at his party and he thought it was the coolest thing ever. He wasn't so sure of him at first, but towards the end he was giving him hugs and knuckles. I was SO glad it went well, and that all of the kids weren't terrified for their lives. I am in love with my little Noah. I couldn't have asked for a better child. I am so proud to be his mom and to share all of this little moments with him. I'm blessed and my heart is more full than ever. Being a mother is the greatest calling of all.

1 comment:

♥tori. said...

Yay! I'm glad you updated this:) he's way too pretty for his own good! Love the binky story...gives me hope haha!