Sunday, July 10, 2011

Brown rice & Green beans.

I wasn't going to post this recipe because it sounds odd, but Noah approved.

I was trying to think of something simple to fix that I wouldn't have to run to the store to buy. I scrambled through my cupboards and fridge and pulled out some green beans and rice. I was a little unsure of this combination, not knowing what the outcome would be, or if Noah would think I was a crazy person, but Noah validated it all. He ate the whole bowl with a big smile on his face.

I used 1 cup of brown rice, and a bag of frozen green beans. This made about 12 servings.

Now, this was my first time cooking brown rice, and I didn't realize it was a little bit different than white rice.

Instructions

1. Measure out 1 cup of brown rice.

2. Rinse the rice thoroughly in a sieve or strainer until the water runs clear.

3. Add 2 1/4 cups water and stir just once.

4.. Bring to a simmer.

5. Cover tightly.

6. Turn the heat to low and cook for 45 minutes.

7. Once the rice is done, I puree. Add desired amount of water.


Green beans I think are pretty much self explanatory. I just steamed them and added a little butter, salt and pepper.

Puree those as well, and add desired amount of water.

I then combined the two and that was that.
It made a good amount, and will last us a couple of weeks.
All in all I was pleased and so was Noah.! :)



P.S. It is Noah's 10 month Birthday today, as well as my sister, Errin's Brithday today! Happy Birthday Sister LOVE YOU!
10 month post soon to come.

2 comments:

Errin said...

Thanks Ash! Love you, your the bestest ever! I dont know what I would do without you!

Chelsey said...

I am gonna have to try some of your baby food recipes. My little nugget is getting ready for baby food and I would much rather do it from the home and with fresh foods.