My lovely neighbor brought over A TON of squash, more squash than I would ever know what to do with. I "like" squash, but am not really a squash kind of gal.
I searched online for a few squash recipes I could make for Noah, and came across this one.

Squash and rice soup.
First, I baked the squash.
1. Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds (I found it was easier to scoop out the seeds once it was already baked.)
2. Place halves face down in a pan and cover with an inch of water
3. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes - be sure the “shell/skin” puckers and halves feel soft then scoop squash out of the shell
4. Place squash into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
5. Add water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency. (I didn't need to add any water)
Ingredients.
1 cup cooked mashed squash
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cooked brown rice
whole milk yogurt
(I didn't really follow the "cups", I just used all the squash I had, and eyed the rest.)
Mash squash with the water in a food processor or blender and slowly mix in the brown rice.
Process to a consistency that your baby enjoys and can handle then stir in the yogurt..
Noah is napping, and hasn't tried this yet, but I'm hoping he'll like it. He eats just about everything so I'm pretty confident he'll love this.
Now, my other lovely neighbor brought over a big bag of plums. I know what you are thinking, I have the most awesome neighbors right :)..? I haven't researched any recipes yet, but once I do I will share :). ..
No comments:
Post a Comment