I just wanted to take a minute and share my love for the 2 boys I have in my life. I feel so lucky everyday for my many blessings!
The church has invited Beau and I to a strengthening marriage class every Sunday for the next 6 weeks. Which I LOVE! It's a lot of fun and there are a handful of other couples there to relate to.
Last week they talked to us about the 5 to 1 ratio. For every 1 negative thought that comes to your mind you think of 5 positive thoughts!. I know in life it's so easy to get a bit negative about life. I find myself a lot thinking of things I don't have, or of things I WANT.! Beau is VERY good at grounding me. He humbles me, and assures me that I already have everything I NEED. I have a beautiful family, a working car, a roof over my head, food in the fridge, a husband who loves me, and even best, a healthy beautiful baby boy!. I feel so grateful for everything I have. I am very rich, rich in Blessings.!
So my challenge to myself is, whenever I have a negative thought I must outweigh it with 5 positives!. You should take on this challenge too! I think it's so important to remind ourselves daily of how grateful you are for your life. It helps us not be so critical, and humbles us.
I am loving this class. I feel like ever since we've made an effort in going to church our life is falling more and more into place. We are doing what we are suppose to be doing and we are reaping the benefits from it.!
Life is Good :) and I have these 2 handsome boys to share it with!
The church has invited Beau and I to a strengthening marriage class every Sunday for the next 6 weeks. Which I LOVE! It's a lot of fun and there are a handful of other couples there to relate to.
Last week they talked to us about the 5 to 1 ratio. For every 1 negative thought that comes to your mind you think of 5 positive thoughts!. I know in life it's so easy to get a bit negative about life. I find myself a lot thinking of things I don't have, or of things I WANT.! Beau is VERY good at grounding me. He humbles me, and assures me that I already have everything I NEED. I have a beautiful family, a working car, a roof over my head, food in the fridge, a husband who loves me, and even best, a healthy beautiful baby boy!. I feel so grateful for everything I have. I am very rich, rich in Blessings.!
So my challenge to myself is, whenever I have a negative thought I must outweigh it with 5 positives!. You should take on this challenge too! I think it's so important to remind ourselves daily of how grateful you are for your life. It helps us not be so critical, and humbles us.
I am loving this class. I feel like ever since we've made an effort in going to church our life is falling more and more into place. We are doing what we are suppose to be doing and we are reaping the benefits from it.!
Life is Good :) and I have these 2 handsome boys to share it with!
{Probably one of my most favorite pictures of these two}
4 comments:
Very cool, Ash. I'm going to try this out as well. :)
That's so awesome you guys have found a church that works for you. I totally think 'a family that prays together, stays together!' Good for you!
ha ha No Way!! We started that class too!!! and Had the same lesson last Sunday. How fun.
Thanks for posting!! I'm really going to try this!! I love that you put everything into perspective... makes us all realize what really is important in life!
ahh so tute!
Post a Comment