We got a little fishing in, didn't catch any. We probably got a little impatient :) (Don't tell Grandpa, he would be disappointed).. But it was still a great time.!
I am so grateful for my Grandpa and the great example he has always been! And mostly thankful because he gave me my mom!.
When Beau and I met, we soon found out our Grandpas were the best of fishing buddies, before beau's grandpa had past. What were the odds of that? Our Grandpas were best budds? But anyways it has always been really great because we get to hear a lot of great fishing stories the two of them shared together...
Some of my greatest memories of Grandpa are;
Every Christmas ever since I were a little girl, my Grandpa would dress up like Santa Clause and go around to all the cousins houses waking them up singing "HO, HO, HO, Merry Christmas"... I was always pretty sure it was my Grandpa, but one Christmas I saw my Grandma peeping in the window to see the look on her grandkids faces that morning. I knew then it was Grandpa all along :).
My Grandpa LOVES fishing, he would always ask us if we would like to go on trips with him. I remember one year me and Mikey went on a fishing trip with Grandpa to Boulder.. Grandpa had little patience and swore at me a few times while trying to learn how to fish. Grandpas classic quote "ah hell".. Hah I just thought he was cool the whole time because he swore.
I remember for achievement days it was daddy daughter date and if you knew my dad, he was constantly out of town due to his job. So Mom called up Grandpa to see if he would go. I remember I was so happy to get to "go out on a date" with Grandpa, we had a great time, and I still have a picture from that night. I wish I had them on my computer. We were suppose to dress up like dad, but I dressed up like Grandpa instead. A plaid shirt, fishing hat, and blue jeans.
Also, Every Sunday every since I was little, we would go to Grandpa and Grandams. This consisted of A LOT of card playing, the trampoline, and Dina his old horse. All the cousins would meet up there and play. My grandparents are great at card games, Im sure they know every game in the book.! I have had so many great memories through out my life of my grandparents, and I'm so glad they have played a role in my life.!
Now that im older and there is so much more in life going on I don't get to see them as much, but I will always cherish all the memories I have with them and be grateful for all that they do!.. Love you Grandpa.
3 comments:
Love you, love the pictures!
What a sweet tribute to grandpa. You're the best.
I wish I could have been there. It is great to hear your memories of Grandpa, they are good ones. He is one of a kind, and I am so thankful to have him in my life and to call him Grandpa. I love You Ash, You are the greatest in the world and I don't know where I would be without you. I LOVE YOU...
Post a Comment