Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Sad News

This morning I woke up to go check on the puppies and sadly little Tobey had passed away. Last night Beau and I noticed tobey was really small compared to the girls, Which when he was a new born he was the biggest. We tried to get him to latch on to his mom so he could eat, but he just acted tired like he wanted to rest and go to bed.
So this morning, knowing Tobey was struggling last night, I woke up to go take a peek at them, and Tobey didn't look right. I called to Beau and sure enough he was gone. We don't know what happened exactly. The girl could have accidentally sat on him to where he couldn't breath and didn't have enough strength to do anything. Or else he just didn't develop properly and something wasn't right with him and his health.
Beau and I were way sad and bummed this morning its been a tough one. Its crazy how attached you get to something. We burried him in the backyard this morning it was really tough, but we didn't know what else to do. The girl seems to be acting ok. I don't know if she really gets what happened ? She would have to though.
But at least Honey bee and Bell are still perfectly healthy and fat.. Its crazy how much they have grown.. I can't wait until they are a little older and can walk around. Its almost been a week and they don't even start opening their eyes until 2 weeks.
We know Tobey isn't in pain anymore so that is reassuring. I am just grateful to still have the two girls.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww BABE! I'm so sorry that happened! my heart is broken for lil Toby. (super cute name btw!) but he is in dog heaven now! :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow either! I miss you like CRAZY & I love you even more!

Errin said...

I am so sad! :(

Kariann + JD Leavitt said...

Thats so sad! :( But at least he is not in pain... My momma always told me when our animals passed that all the children in heaven get to play with the animals! :) That always made me happy to know! love you guys

Michelle said...

Ash Im so sorry. How hard that must be. Hang in there. Its good though to know he isn't suffering if he was and that his little body wasn't perfect enough to survive this world and we wouldn't want him to suffer. I can't believe you named them al ready thats cute. I don't know when I am going sledding with errin and ali I just thought it would be so much fun and you are totally invited when we do. Everyone is.. I love You and will call you to see how you are doing. Your a sweetie and I love you to Death.. Your the greatest sister in the world and I don't know where I would be or what I would do without your love and support. Hugs and kisses
Shelle

cassidy said...

Friendy I'm so sorry! Poor little Toby. I hope the mama does okay today too. I never got to tell you congratulations on the new puppies either, me and the girl should get together for lunch =) I love you and I'll be thinking about you and your little fur family today!

~..kass..~ said...

Oh man, I know the feeling. It is such a hard thing. But good thing that you have the 2 baby girls and will still get to experience all the faun that comes with that :)

Yvonne said...

tears for you and beau. . . . .lot of hugs and kisses too.

Anonymous said...

I need new blogness missy! can't wait to see ya Fridizzle! MWAH!