Saturday, January 17, 2009

They're here !!!!!.......

Little pups have arrived. The girl woke up me this morning 8 o clock sharp whelping, I went into the kitchen to check on her, and her water had broke. That meant just about an hour till the little ones arrived .... The girl had no idea what was going on, she didn't know where to go or what she wanted. I tried to just lay with her and massage her to make her relax. So about an hour went by, still no pups. I decided to say a little safety prayer. Shortly right after Beau wakes up and comes in the kitchen. The girl goes into her bed and pops out her first babe. It came out perfect and easy, a black little girl. The second one followed behind her, but decided to come out feet first. He was a tuff little guy to get out but he pulled through. So here were the first two....





She acted on her instincts and started taking care of her pups and licking them. I felt her stomach to see if I could feel anymore and I could. So about another hour passes and then here comes another. This one was WAY difficult, the girl was so lazy and exhausted she could not even push. And on top of that it was also coming out feet first. The sack broke with the babe almost out besides the head. We knew we had to get her out of there fast. So Beau assisted her as much as he could, nearly had to force the little one out! When she came out she wasn't moving, it was the scariest thing ever.! Beau shed a little tear in the process, not helping me any. . . . We had to take away the first two so the girl could focus her attention on the babe ... We finally got her breathing and we could all finally relax. There were no more coming this pup was done.
We now have two girls and a boy. Surprisingly they are all black. Both Vito and the girl are brown... So a little weird, I wasn't expecting them ALL to be black, but they are still so dang cute. Im a grandma yay!.. The girl is such a great mom too.... She still hasn't left them and its now 6, I couldn't imagine staying in one spot for so long. But im sure she is exhausted. Vito keeps wanting to peek in at his babies, the girl isn't quite ready for that yet ... I will probably start letting people come by to look at them in a few days. I want the mom to absorb as much time with them as possible... I will keep everyone updated. Here are a few pictures. I havn't taken too many, the girl is still in her protective state, and does not appreciate the flash on the camera.......

9 comments:

Fierce & Free said...

Oh my gosh.. that is sooo amazing Ash.. what an awesome story.. They are beautiful!!!!! I bet this was such an awesome experience for you two... i'm so glad the babe is ok! love you!!!!

Cassidy Dawn said...

Yea! Can't wait to see them! I was suprised to when I saw they were all black! Maybe girl had an affair... dun dun dun.... haha

Errin said...

yay for the pupplers!

~..kass..~ said...

AHHHH!!! so damn cute!!! how fun ;)

Anonymous said...

They look brownish to me miss... They are so dang cute! I wish I could have one! Good thing I can't though, Tal is pretty abusive when it comes to small doggies... I think he thinks they are toys or some shit? haha... I love you so so much! lunch this week fo sho! MWAH!

The Parks said...

Wow way to go Ash, what a cute little mama you are! I'm impressed you knew what to do and how to help her! I would have no idea!! What cute little pups!!!

Michelle said...

They are adorable. I can't wait to see them. Love You

Yvonne said...

The puppies look bonzy in the pic. . . did you photo shop it?

Yvonne said...

The puppies look bonzy in the pic. . . did you photo shop it?