Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tonight..

Tonight, Beau is out of town, and Noah is in bed. So, this Mom is going to enjoy her alone time, and maybe pamper herself just a little ;).
I found a few things online via pinterest, that I am going to try out tonight.

This is for my hair that is feeling a little on the dry side. .

-Hot Oil Treatment

1/4 c almond oil
1 tbsp honey or dark molasses

Microwave on high until warm, approx. 20 seconds.
Apply the entire mixture to dry hair and massage into hair and scalp. Wrap hair in a towel or put on a shower cap for up to 30 minutes. Rinse and shampoo


-A Baking Soda and Orange Juice facial mask.
I actually tried this already with my girlfriends at girls night a few nights back and it worked great, I think this is something I'll do at least once a week for now on. Great, cheap, and a very easy facial.

1. Mix 1 tbsp real orange juice with 1 tbsp baking soda (I like to use a shot glass – ha!)
2. Spread a thin layer on face. (There should be enough for two applications, or one if you put it on your neck and décolletage, too, which I do.)
3. Leave on for 20 minutes
4. Dampen finger tips and scrub mask in circular motions for extra exfoliation
5. Rinse The mask will tingle and itch a little so it’s good too have a distraction - paint your nails, watch TV, but whatever you do, don’t talk. As the paste dries, any facial movements will cause it to flake off.

And last but not least, a mani pedi... (very much needed)..

Hope everyone else enjoys their night as well. :)


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thanks for posting I'm going to try them BOTH!!