Friday, May 23, 2014

Mother's Day.

This Mother's Day i was overwhelmed with gratitude. It was the day I got to reflect on the two little perfect boys I am so blessed to have, because without them, I wouldn't be a Mother.

My morning started out with Hudson in our bed, like always. He usually wakes up around 6am. I get him a bottle, and then bring him back to bed with me where he will fall back asleep. Not so long after another little boy hopped up into my bed to snuggle me. I had both of my boys on both sides of me all cuddled up, holding me. I couldn't help but choke up, almost every morning of mine is like this, but on this morning it felt even more special. I laid and pondered about how much I love these little boys who made me a mom. I love caring for them, feeding them, and nursing them back to health. These two boys have taught me more about life in the short time they have been here, than I've learned my whole 26 years on this earth. 

I love that Mother's Day always lands on a Sunday. There's nothing better than getting dressed sunday best and going to church to get to feel the spirit and hear the talks people have prepared about Mother's, and of course the primary children singing. This was Noah's first year singing in the Primary. I was so excited to get to hear him sing to me, even if he was just a goof the whole time on stage. There's nothing more sweet than the sound of little voices singing and filling the room with their sweet innocent spirits. Definitely one of my favorites.

Noah's teacher helped him fill out one of those, "What I know about my mom." surveys. His went a little like this.
my mom has brown hair, 
her favorite color is pink,
her favorite thing to eat is pancakes
her favorite thing to do is cook
she likes to play games with me
her favorite place to be is with cookies and milk
if she could go anywhere it would be with daddy
she usually laughs when I am silly.
my mom does this the best, makes cookies
I love to play with my mom.
This is what I love about my mom, laugh
I want my mom to know how much I love her.

This was just icing on the cake.

I know Mother's Day we celebrate our Mother's, but the longer I am a mom, it makes me want to celebrate the little humans who made me a mom. They are my world. 






No comments: