Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kiwis & Peaches

This is my very first baby food post. I hope you enjoy!

Last week I made Noah peaches and kiwis. Super cheap, easy, and the best part he loved them. Why the combination? Well that's what I had and I didn't want them going to waste, so I thought it'd work, and it did :) ...


Step 1. scrub your peaches clean and carve an "X" on one side of the fruit. You are going to boil them for 10 min and this will soften your peach as well as help get your skin off.
Step 2. Bring water to boil and place "X" side of peach down into the water. Boil for about 10 minutes.
Step 3. Once your peaches are done, get a bowl of cold water and place peaches in them to cool.

Meanwhile, you may have a little one of these waiting on you in the kitchen

Step 4. While peaches are cooling this is when I get Kiwis ready. I slice the kiwis down the middle and spoon them out of the skin. I then get a knife and cute them into little pieces.
Step 5. Your peaches should be cooled. I peel of the skins and remove the pit.
Step 6. Place both kiwi and peaches into the puree, as seen in the picture. Don't worry about the seeds from the kiwi. They are too little for any baby to choke on.


Step 7. Whip it up and place into whatever trays you have for freezing. I use ice cube trays, and I got these at the dollar store, so super cheap.

This is how much it made minus the serving I fed to Noah. He eats about 3-4 cubes, which would make about 4-5 servings. I used 3 peaches and 2 kiwis total.

Step 8. Wrap tinfoil or saran wrap over trays and let freeze, then viola this is your end result.

*side note, you do not have to do both. You can just have peaches or kiwis alone if you prefer.

I also discovered these would make great popsicles, maybe just add a little sugar and they'd be good, and healthy. :) This certain combination was just a little tarty, but Noah loved them and that's all that matters.
Once the bowl is pretty much finished I always let him takeover so he can feel like a big boy.



And then of course into the bath...

My next creation will be chicken, sweet potatoes, and whole wheat pasta. :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

yum..I want some! You are seriously the cuttest/best mom out there!

Randi Gardner said...

Thank you for sharing! I'm so going to try this!