Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Noah's Birthday
On September 10th 2010 Noah decided he was ready for the world. He was born at 3:00 p.m weighing in at 8.3lbs. and was 20 inch long. It all started the night before, went walking with my friend Kristen, had been doing that the last few nights. Came home felt fine, as the night went on my contractions we're getting intense. I thought a few weeks before that I was was getting contractions, but these ones threw those way out of the park. Started getting them around 1:00a.m. my exact words to Beau, "I think we're going to have him within 24 hours." Got through the night woke up around 6:00a.m. couldn't stand the pain any longer so I decided to take a bath. Got out of the bath and back into bed and then it happened, my water broke. I tell Beau that we might be going to the hospital soon so to be prepared. I started getting ready, making sure we had everything ready to go. Crazy intense contractions kept coming, they got to be about 5 minutes apart and that's when I said ok lets go. I was so nervous, and it was all so surreal. I kept telling Beau I don't want to go to the hospital, what if it's false labor? But as every contraction kept hitting me only 5 minutes apart, I knew there was no way this was false. Started driving to the hospital, made the call that everyone had been anticipating for about a week. "We're on our way to the hospital." We arrived around 8:00a.m. got dressed into my gown, and waited for them to get me a room. All I have to say is I don't know how people have babies natural, the pain is unbearable! I didn't know what to do, and on top of that the hospital was full and busy, so it took them at least 4 hours to get me an epidural. I thought I was going to DIE!. So credit to all you natural mommies. By the time I got to my room all the family had arrived, and now it was just waiting. Noah ended up being posterior so as soon as my doctor found that out she had me maneuever my leg differently to see if that would help, sure enough they checked me about twenty minutes later and it was time to start pushing!. I was so out of it, everything happened so fast. The whole thing is a complete blur, so i'm glad my sister was there documenting with pictures. I'm officially a mamma to the best little baby boy ever!. It is still so surreal to me, definitely a transition. Beau and I look at him everyday and say "can you believe he's ours?" I couldn't be more in love. My heart has never been so full and I feel so blessed. I am so grateful for my healthy baby boy, and my new little family. Life couldn't be sweeter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
ahhh I was there and heard it a few times already but it still made me cry! I love him!
Those pictures are so sweet and there's nothing like a new baby! Enjoy it, he is seriously so adorable!
Awww... What a cute story!! I'm glad he is finally here! He is so cute. The pictures are amazing maybe I will have to have Errin come to the hospital when I have my next baby! Its so true what they say a picture is worth 1000 words! Congrats to you both you are going to be wonderful parents!
Congrats!! Those pictures are so precious! I'm glad everything went well. Can't wait to see him in person, hopefully sometime soon!
Congrats!!!
I am so thankful everything went well and he came when he was ready rather than forcing him out :) Cant wait to meet him, and hear more about it in person! l
ok.. I have had my babies and your sweet post made me CRY!
enjoy your time with him.. it goes by wayyyyy tooooo fast!
you're awesome!
LOVE YA!
ash
Aw very sweet story!! Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!
Post a Comment